Death is said to be just around the corner

I'll put the older fellow first.
And ask you to guess what they have in common.

Leonard Cohen, 82, is a famous Canadian singer.

Clive James, 77, is a well-known Australian writer. 

And what do they have in common ?
Well, they both see themselves permanently on the verge of death.
And they seem to take pleasure in describing this situation
and telling us complacently about all its subtleties.
I'm a little fed up with their imminent departures,
which end up boring me....
even more than Dylan's Nobel Prize.
But don't misunderstand me. I truly hope they both stay with us
until the proverbial cows come home.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Steve Lopez and the Importance of Newspapers

A Treasure Hunt Without The Treasure

Drop a ping-pong ball in the clown’s mouth